Typical non-residential bills consist of the following tariff schedule components:
- Customer Charge: The customer charge is to recover those costs incurred in making service available including meter and meter reading costs, billing, record keeping and customer service costs.
- Energy Charge: The energy charge is to recover costs associated with producing and distributing electricity.
- Demand Charge: If applicable, this charge recovers a portion of EPE's fixed investment and operating costs associated with generation, transmission and distribution facilities that are in place to meet customer demand for electricity any time.
- Federal Tax Credit Factor (FTCF): Credit as a percent (%) factor applied to non-fuel base rate charges. The reduction will appear as a separate line item and titled "Federal Tax Credit".
- Fuel and Purchased Power Cost Adjustment (FPPCAC)
- This cost adjustment is to recover fuel and purchase power expenses. See below in Fuel & Purchased Power Cost Adjustments for current month FPPCAC and 12 month history.
- EUERF - Efficient Use of Energy Recovery Factor Rate No. 17
- This charge recovers the cost of energy efficiency programs from the customer classes that receive services under such programs. For information on energy efficiency programs, please click here.
- Renewable Portfolio Standard (RPS) Cost Rider No. 38
- This rider is established to recover Renewable Portfolio Standard ("RPS") Compliance Costs.
- Franchise Fees
- This charge recovers the fee assessed by a governmental entity for the right or privilege of rendering utility service within its corporate boundaries.
- This charge recovers the tax assessed by a governmental entity for utility service rendered.
Below are all the tariff schedules applicable to all non-residential customers.
To view the tariffs, click the appropriate rate below. The tariff schedules are saved in PDF format, so you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view or print them. Adobe Acrobat Reader is available for free from the Adobe website. Click here to download.
You are entitled to receive information about the rates you are charged and the services available to you. Such information can be obtained by calling the El Paso Electric Customer Services Call Center at (915) 543-5970 or 1-800-351-1621. You may also make your request through e-mail to the following e-mail address: Rate Research
Fuel & Purchased Power Cost Adjustments
- Current Month
- Previous Twelve Months
The tariff schedules provided above are for informational purposes only. The official tariff schedules are on file with the New Mexico Public Regulation Commission and shall prevail in the event of any differences. El Paso Electric Company makes no warranty or representation that a particular tariff schedule chosen by a customer is available to or suitable for that customer. Customers are encouraged to contact El Paso Electric Company directly to make certain of the applicability of a desired tariff schedule for their service requirements.
- Customer Service
- Save Money and Energy