This page provides all of the information, guidelines and forms customers in Texas and New Mexico need in order to submit and track a new service line request.
Step 1: Getting Started
- Call us with your request (915) 351-4224 in Texas, or (575) 523-3630 in New Mexico.
- Your request will be entered into our system and a Business Case Authorization (BCA) number will be provided. Please make a note of the BCA number.
- A designer will contact you within 2 business days of the BCA creation.
- The designer will schedule an appointment with you to discuss design options to serve your needs.
Step 2: What You’ll Need
Please have the following information available for your designer:
- Completed Request for Service Form
- Deed along with either survey or plat of property (typically found in Title Company Packets)
- Electrical load information (e.g. size of A/C units and other electrical equipment)
Step 3: Working Together
- The designer will work on completing your design. Once complete, a cost will be provided to you for your approval.
- Upon your approval, the designer will make arrangements for you to sign agreements and easements, if required.
- Your project will be scheduled for construction and assigned to a crew.
- Be sure to obtain an Electrical Inspection, Mobile Home Inspection Permit (MHIP) and/or Certificate of Compliance as applicable to your location.
Step 4: Setting Up Your
El Paso Electric Account
Prior to your project being constructed, you will be contacted by the El Paso Electric New Service Group to initiate the setup of your account.