Please use this manual as a reference for the Distributed Generation (DG) Renewable Energy Interconnection application process and its requirements.
- As of 9/4/2018, all installations must meet Neutral Requirements.
- As of 4/9/2018, all Texas customers must review and submit to EPE the following forms: Metering Option Selection Form and Rate Selection Form for Residential Customers or Rate Selection Form for Commercial Customers.
- Please note that Schedule No. DG has changed as a result of the Final Order approved by the Public Utility Commission of Texas in El Paso Electric Company's Texas Rate Case. The Final Order was issued on December 18, 2017 and an updated version of the Schedule No. DG is available for download below.
- Please note that a W-9 Form will be required for all Texas Interconnection Application Packages submitted after January 1, 2016.
- The Solar System Relocation Process is now available for your reference.
- REC meter cans requirements - June 10th, 2015 Revision
- The Texas Renewable Energy Facility Ownership Status form has been updated. All application packages submitted after May 15, 2014 are required to contain the updated and completed form.
- Please note that Texas Interconnection Application has changed, updated in September 2016. Please download the new form below.
The process for interconnecting a customer-owned qualifying facility, 20 kW or smaller,
to the El Paso Electric distribution system is as follows:
1. DOCUMENT REVIEW
Please carefully review these documents before you begin the application process.
- Schedule DG Interconnection Application
- Texas Renewable Energy Facility Ownership Status
- W-9 form
- Sample One-Line Diagram
- Rate Selection Form for Residential Customers
- Rate Selection Form for Commercial Customers
- Metering Option Selection Form
- All three-phase Y-connected systems require three-phase connected inverters
- EPE’s Technical Requirements for Interconnection
- Renewable Energy Credit Microgenerator Listing Form
- REC Management Agreement Required by PUCT Subst Rule 25 173 q (2)
- Summary of Laws and Rules in Texas Final Version as of July 18 2017
- Public Utility Commission of Texas Rule 25.211 – Interconnection of On-Site Distributed Generation
- Public Utility Commission of Texas Rule 25.212 – Technical Requirements for Interconnection and Parallel Operation of On-Site Distributed Generation
- Public Utility Commission of Texas Rule 25.242 - Arrangements between Qualifying Facilities and Electric Utilities
- Rate Schedule No. 48. Non-firm Purchased Power Service
- Link to Residential Rate 01: Texas Rate Tariffs
To complete the application process please include the information below in your application package. Please wait for approval before starting construction. If the system is built prior to gaining EPE approval, the customer risks paying for a system that does not meet EPE's interconnection requirements.
Note: Technical review approval of the one-line diagram is contingent upon wiring, inspections, and system installation. These must be in accordance to EPE's requirements book and must reflect the information provided in the one-line diagram.
a. Print and complete two copies of the Interconnection Application and one copy of the TX Renewable Energy Facility Ownership Status Form.
b. With each Application the customer shall include a simple one-line diagram and site diagram of the proposed system with each signed original of the Application.
(1) The one-line diagram shall identify all major equipment including the utility-accessible generation disconnect device and the EPE metering point.
(2) The site diagram shall show the physical location of the equipment in relation to the property and location of equipment on the exterior wall.
(3) Please verify the delivered service phase matches the installed generation phase, i.e., single phase service = single phase inverter, 3-phase service = 3-phase inverter.
Note: All three-phase Y-connected systems require three-phase connected inverters.
c. Mail all forms for review and approval to EPE at the address listed below:
El Paso Electric
P.O. Box 982
El Paso, Texas 79960
Attention: Renewables Development (loc.131)
d. The customer shall install a main disconnect between the revenue meter and the main service panel. This is normally part of the outside main service panel. If not, or if the main service panel is on the inside of the wall, it will have to be added as described above. This ensures that, if necessary, the customer can be isolated from EPE’s distribution system. This is a safety precaution for EPE personnel when working on the distribution system.
e. The customer shall also include specification or technical data sheets for all required protective equipment and/or inverters for review by EPE.
f. If there are any questions or concerns about any of the customer-furnished information, an EPE representative will contact the customer to resolve these issues.
g. Upon approval, an EPE representative will contact the customer and the customer can start construction.
After construction of the generation system has been completed and received final electrical inspection by the authority having jurisdiction, the customer must contact EPE at email@example.com to request field inspection and meter installation. The purpose of the inspection is to verify that facility construction conforms to the representation presented in the Agreement and its attachments.
Please do not energize your system until after EPE has performed its inspection and replaced the existing meter with a bi-directional meter.
4. SIGNED AGREEMENT
After the interconnection facility has been approved by EPE, EPE will identify the location as an EPE Distributed Generation (DG) Interconnection site by means of a label on the meter box or adjacent to the meter box. Along with written authorization, EPE will return one of the fully executed Agreement originals to the customer.
5. NET METERING
As a DG metering customer, with an approved Interconnection Application, you will have bi-directional and REC meters installed by EPE. Net consumption is charged at the applicable rate and net production is credited based on EPE’s Rate Schedule No. 48.
If you have any questions or would like more information, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Customer Service at (915) 543-5970 or (575) 526-5555.