Project Location: Holloman Airforce Base
Project Owner: El Paso Electric
Fuel Source: Solar
Project Capacity: 5 MW ac
Commercial Operation Date: October 2018
The Holloman Atlas Solar Array is an El Paso Electric owned and operated energy resource dedicated to serve Holloman Air Force Base. The solar project broke ground in 2017 and began commercial operation in October 2018.
The project is composed of 5 power stations of one MW each. Each power station has its own inverter and transformer.The facility sits on 42 acres of land leased by EPE from the Air Force.
Interconnection of the facility is through a dedicated feeder that connects to the Atlas Substation owned by Holloman. Interconnection voltage is 13.2kV. The solar array produces enough energy to power 1,700 homes, can reduce CO2 emissions by 9,000 tons annually, which is the equivalent to removing 2,000 cars from the road, and saves 9 million gallons of water annually.
This is the first renewable energy project that El Paso Electric has built to serve a military installation. Exyte Energy Inc. (formerly M+W Energy Inc.) constructed the five MW ac solar facility for El Paso Electric. The solar facility is designed for a rated capacity of 5.0 MWac, 6.53 MWdc and will feed into Holloman’s distribution system. With the addition of this solar facility, El Paso Electric will increase its system renewable solar resources to a total of 115 MWac.
Solar Energy Projects
- The El Paso Electric Kalahari Research Center
- Roadrunner Solar Plant
- Las Cruces Centennial Solar Farm
- Hatch Solar Energy Center I, LLC
- Wrangler Solar Facility
- Stanton Tower Solar Facility
- El Chaparral Solar Farm
- Macho Springs Solar Facility
- PSEG El Paso Energy Center
- Camino Real Gas to Energy Facility
- El Paso Community College 14kW Solar Facility
- EPE and EPISD Solar Power Project
- Holloman Air Force Base Atlas Solar Array
- Van Horn Solar Power Facility
- Solar Power Systems at El Paso Electric Power Plants
- Solar Energy Projects
- Community Solar
- About Electric Vehicles
- Distributed Generation
- Helpful Links