Project Location: Newman Power Plant
Project Owner: PSEG
Fuel Source: Solar
Project Capacity: 10MW ac
Commercial Operation Date: December 30, 2014
PSEG El Paso Solar Energy Center, located in northeast El Paso, is a 10 MW AC ground mounted single-axis tracking photovoltaic system that is interconnected to EPE’s 13.8-kV distribution feeder. The Power Purchase Agreement is between Newman Solar, LLC (owned by PSEG) and El Paso Electric.
The PSEG El Paso Solar Energy Center, which generates enough clean energy to power more than 3,800 homes, broke ground in April 2014 and began commercial operations on December 30th, 2014.
The contract life is a 30-year Power Purchase Agreement. All Renewable Energy Certificates (REC) associated with the solar energy will be owned by EPE.
PSEG El Paso Energy Center production over the past 12 hours
** Number of homes being powered based on average home hourly energy consumption.
Solar Energy Projects
- The El Paso Electric Kalahari Research Center
- Roadrunner Solar Plant
- Las Cruces Centennial Solar Farm
- Hatch Solar Energy Center I, LLC
- Wrangler Solar Facility
- Stanton Tower Solar Facility
- El Chaparral Solar Farm
- Macho Springs Solar Facility
- PSEG El Paso Energy Center
- Camino Real Gas to Energy Facility
- El Paso Community College 14kW Solar Facility
- EPE and EPISD Solar Power Project
- Holloman Air Force Base Atlas Solar Array
- Van Horn Solar Power Facility
- Solar Power Systems at El Paso Electric Power Plants
- Solar Energy Projects
- Community Solar
- About Electric Vehicles
- Distributed Generation
- Helpful Links