Typical residential bills consist of the following tariff schedule components:
- TX Residential Service
- Customer Charge: The customer charge recovers costs incurred in making service available including meter and meter reading costs, billing, record keeping and customer service costs.
- Energy Charge: The energy charge is to recover costs associated with producing and distributing electricity. Customers have two options:
- Standard – Seasonal energy charges, with the summer season (May through October) charge higher than in the winter season (November through April) charge. During the Summer season, all energy use in excess of 600 kWh is billed at a higher rate than the first 600 kWh.
- Time-of-Use – Customers that can easily reduce their energy use on weekdays (Monday through Friday), between 12 p.m. and 6 p.m., during the summer season (June through September) can benefit from this energy charge option due to its significantly lower price than the Standard rate option.
- Federal Tax Refund Factor (FTRF)
- The customer rate credit reflected in this tariff is calculated for each rate class as a percent (%) factor and then applied to the non-fuel base rate charges of the customer bill. The reduction will appear as a separate line item on the customer’s monthly bill and shall be titled "Federal Tax Credit".
- Fixed Fuel Factor
- Fuel Charge: This charge recovers the cost of any fuels used to generate the electricity we provide.
- Fuel Interim Refund
- A fuel refund will be applied to a customers bill per kWh during the period of (4) four months starting June 2019 or direct assigned for a one time refund in June 2019 per the tariff.
- Energy Efficiency Cost Recovery Factor (EECRF)
- This charge recovers the cost of energy efficiency programs from the customer classes that receive services under such programs. For information on energy efficiency programs, please click here.
- Military Base Discount Recovery Factor (MBDRF)
- This charge recovers the total base rate discount provided to military base facilities pursuant to the TX Military Base Rate Discount tariff schedule.
- Supplemental El Paso City Franchise Fee
- The Supplemental El Paso City Franchise Fee is to recover the associated costs of the franchise fees charged by the City of El Paso. This fee applies only to customers that are billed for electric service within the El Paso city limits.
Below are all the tariff schedules applicable to all residential customers. To view the tariff schedules, click on the rate you would like to review.
|Most Common Tariff Schedules for Residential Customers||Effective Date|
|TXRT01 Residential Service Rate||01/01/2018|
|Other Available Tariff Schedules|
|TXRT28 Area Lighting Service Rate||01/01/2018|
|TXRT48 Non-Firm Purchased Power Service from Distributed Generators, Distributed Renewable Generators and Qualifying Facilities||01/01/2018|
|TXRTDG Interconnection and Parallel Operation of Distributed Generation||01/01/2018|
|TXRTEVC Electric Vehicle Charging Rate||01/01/2018|
|TXRTCS Community Solar Rate||07/01/2019|
|Riders and Rate Adjustments|
|TXRT98 Fixed Fuel Factor||11/01/2018|
|TXRT96 Military Base Discount Recovery Factor - MBDRF||09/01/2019|
|TXRT97 Energy Efficiency Cost Recovery Factor - EECRF||03/01/2019|
|TXRT99 Miscellaneous Service Charges||01/01/2018|
|TX Rate Case Expense Surcharge||01/10/2018|
|TX Federal Tax Refund Factor||04/01/2019|
|TX Supplemental El Paso City Franchise Fee||10/01/2018|
|TX Fuel Interim Refund||06/01/2019|
Purchased Power Adjustments
- TX Rate 48 Monthly Purchased Power Factor and Purchased Power Adjustment Factors - 2019
- TX Rate 48 Monthly Purchased Power Factor and Purchased Power Adjustment Factors - 2018
Disclaimer: The tariff schedules provided above are for informational purposes only. The official tariff schedules are on file with the Public Utility Commission of Texas and prevail in the event of any differences. El Paso Electric Company makes no warranty or representation that a particular tariff schedule chosen by a customer is available to or suitable for that customer. Customers are encouraged to contact El Paso Electric Company directly to make certain of the applicability of a desired tariff schedule for their service requirements.