Providing safe and reliable electrical service to our customers is El Paso Electric's number one priority. Thanks to the hard work and efforts of our employees, EPE has consistently obtained high reliability ratings in Texas and New Mexico.
El Paso Electric attributes this accomplishment to EPE employees’ dedication to maintaining the equipment, system reliability and getting our customers’ electric service restored as quickly and safely as possible. Our transmission and distribution employees, who are responsible for the daily operation of the electrical system, respond to any outage by evaluating the outage as quickly as possible, isolating the issue, and then making the necessary repairs in order to get our customers back on line.
The System Average Interruption Duration Index (SAIDI) and the System Average Interruption Frequency Index (SAIFI) are reliability indices compiled by the Public Utility Commission of Texas (PUCT). The SAIDI measurement rates the duration of outages while the SAIFI measurement measures the frequency of outages. The PUCT tracks the SAIDI and SAIFI of all 10 investor-owned electric utilities operating in Texas.
System Reliability Ratings in Texas
- 2008 - No. 3 in SAIFI and No. 2 in SAIDI
- 2009 - No. 1 in SAIFI and No. 2 in SAIDI
- 2010 - No. 1 in SAIFI and No. 2 in SAIDI
- 2011 - No. 1 in SAIFI and No. 1 in SAIDI
- 2012 - No. 1 in SAIFI and No. 1 in SAIDI
- 2013 - No. 1 in SAIFI and No. 1 in SAIDI
- 2014 - No. 2 in SAIFI and No. 2 in SAIDI
- 2015 - No. 1 in SAIFI and No. 1 in SAIDI
- 2016 - No. 1 in SAIFI and No. 1 in SAIDI
- 2017 - No. 1 in SAIFI and No. 1 in SAIDI
- 2018 - No. 1 in SAIFI and No. 1 in SAIDI
- 2019 - No. 1 in SAIFI and No. 1 in SAIDI
System Reliability Ratings in New Mexico
The New Mexico Public Regulation Commission tracks reliability statistics for electric utilities serving New Mexico customers.