Texas and New Mexico Appliance Recycling Program
Starting April 1 through April 30, El Paso Electric (EPE) New Mexico and Texas residential customers can take advantage of the opportunity to recycle their old refrigerator, freezer and window air conditionersand get paid $70 through EPE’s Appliance Recycling Program.
"We're excited to offer our EPE residential customers in both Texas and New Mexico the opportunity to recycle their old appliances and earn some extra cash," said Araceli Perea, supervisor of Energy Efficiency at EPE. "By participating in EPE’s Appliance Recycling Program, customers can have their eligible appliances picked up for free and recycled responsibly. Recycling appliances benefits the environment, and removing old appliances saves customers money on their electric bill since older appliances consume more energy and put more demand on the electric grid."
EPE works with ARCA Recycling to schedule free, contactless pickups at Texas and New Mexico residential customers’ homes. The process to take advantage of this opportunity is easy.
- To recycle an old appliance, EPE customers must reside in Texas or New Mexico.
- Two refrigerators and/or freezers per customer address per year are allowed.
- Refrigerators and freezers must be regular household size (10-30 cubic feet) and in working (cooling) order, empty and clean.
- Two window air conditioners per customer address per year are allowed.
- Window air conditioners must be regular household size and in working order.
To learn more and schedule a pickup, call (888) 409-8567 or visit the following websites:
- Customers in New Mexico can visit the New Mexico Appliance Recycling Program
- Customers in Texas can visit the Texas Appliance Recycling Program
While EPE’s Appliance Recycling Program is available to residential customers year-round, the promotional $70 rebate is only available for a limited time and will expire at the end of April.
Properly recycling old refrigerators, freezers and window air conditioners is very important for environmental protection, keeping hazardous materials out of the landfills, while assisting EPE in transforming the energy landscape to a brighter, cleaner future.
For more energy-saving offers and incentives, please visit https://www.arcaincutility.com/.
For more energy-saving offers and incentives, customers can contact us at Texas Energy Efficiency Hotline (915) 521-4488 and New Mexico Energy Efficiency Hotline (575) 523-3533.