El Paso Electric Company (“EPE”) issued its 2017 All Source Request for Proposal (“2017 RFP”) on June 30, 2017. The 2017 RFP will help EPE determine how to best obtain additional low-cost and reliable electric resources to meet its customer demand by 2023. EPE is seeking supply-side and/or demand-side resources to meet its capacity need of approximately 50 MW in 2022 and an additional capacity of 320 MW in 2023 for a total of approximately 370 MW by summer peak 2023. EPE will consider acquiring the additional capacity through a single resource or combination of supply-side and demand-side resources that are proposed in response to its 2017 RFP.
Attached below are EPE’s 2017 RFP document and associated Excel workbook.
- RFP Issuance: June 30, 2017
- Pre-Bid Meeting: July 19, 2017
- Notice of Intent to Bid: August 4, 2017
- Final Submission of Questions: August 25, 2017
- Response to Questions: September 13, 2017
- Proposal and Proposal: Fee Due: October 4, 2017
- Shortlist Notification: March 7, 2018
- Best and Final Proposal: April 4, 2018 Revised May 14, 2018
- Tentative Individual Meetings (if required) with shortlisted bidders: March 19-23, 2018, Revised May-June 2018, Revised July 2018, Revised August-December 2018.
- Tentative Date for Execution of Contract(s): July 2018, Revised August 2018 Tentative Selection Completion Date December 2018
EPE encourages all potential Bidders to participate in its 2017 RFP process and thanks you in advance for your interest in doing business with EPE.
Please refer back to this web page to obtain further information and guidance regarding EPE’s 2017 RFP process.
- Attend in person. RSVP in advance by emailing your company name and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org. RSVP is not mandatory but recommended. Parking Information, Map_-_EPE_Parking_Garage.pdf.
- Join the web-meeting. Click the Skype link below. Instructions to downloading the temporary Skype app, Instructions_Skype_for_Business.pdf .
- Call in. Phone number and conference ID are shown below.
Pre Bid Meeting Date: Wednesday, July 19, 2017
Time: 2:00 pm-4:00 pm MST
Location: 100 N. Stanton El Paso, TX 79901
El Paso Electric Offices: Auditorium
Web meeting link: Join Skype Meeting (Please login 15 minutes prior)
Join by phone (915) 320-3480 Conference ID: 9495510