History

El Paso Electric (EPE) first began serving its customers on August 30, 1901 as the El Paso Electric Railway Company.  Initially, its primary business consisted of providing transportation via mule-drawn streetcars, which were replaced in 1902 with electric streetcars.  By 1925, the Company’s core business had evolved to producing and distributing electricity.  That year, the company changed its name to the El Paso Electric Company and began serving southern New Mexico as well.

More EPE History  

El Paso Electric Today

Today, El Paso Electric is a regional electric utility providing generation, transmission and distribution service to approximately 444,300 retail and wholesale customers in a 10,000 square mile area of the Rio Grande valley in west Texas and southern New Mexico. Its service territory extends from Hatch, New Mexico to Van Horn, Texas.


Vision

Together we are powering the next hundred years of Growth, Innovation and Economic Vibrancy.  

Mission

We are transforming the Energy Landscape.

Customers

Provide safe, efficient and reliable service at a reasonable cost.

Regulators

Provide timely and accurate data to Regulators, while working in an honest and collaborative manner to resolve any customer issue.

Employees

Maintain a dynamic, creative work environment that fosters safety, professional development, mutual respect, commitment and integrity.

Shareholders

Provide a fair return to Shareholders commensurate with risks and in the top quartile of the electric utility industry.

EPE Chat