Renewable Energy Interconnection
Installing and interconnecting a renewable energy generator can reduce the energy requirements that would normally be sourced from El Paso Electric. The interconnection involves the installation and use of a bi-directional meter, which is read at the end of the billing month to measure net energy consumption and production.
Click below to see program details and learn more about installing and interconnecting a renewable energy generator at your home or business. Please note that there are state-specific guidelines for Texas and New Mexico customers.
- Solar Energy
- Community Solar
- Electric Vehicles
- Residential Consumer Guide to Solar Power
- Texas - Interconnection of Facilities up to 10 MW
- New Mexico - Interconnection of facilities less than 10 kW
- New Mexico - Interconnection of facilities greater than 10 kW and less than 100 kW
- New Mexico - Interconnection of Facilities Greater Than 100kW and up to 10MW
- Helpful Links