Doña Ana Lineworker Internship
El Paso Electric, working in partnership with Doña Ana Community College, hosts a paid cooperative learning opportunity to fulfill the internship requirement for the Electrical Lineworker Certification Program.
Throughout the duration of the internship, students will develop the technical skillset required to safely and successfully complete a Lineworker apprenticeship.
Learning & Development
Participants of this program will be immersed into the frontlines of the industry by gaining safe, hands-on experience with seasoned experts and their line crews while gaining exposure to the physical and environmental challenges associated with this career. This exciting opportunity requires you to work in a variety of extreme weather conditions, while engaging in heavy lifting, climbing poles over 110 feet, trenching and working in overhead buckets that can reach up to 90 feet.
A typical apprenticeship program career track is:
- Helper - Apprentice (approximately 6-8 months)
- Apprentice (approximately 4 years)
This entry-level experience is a catalyst towards building an approximate five-year progression path towards becoming a first-class line worker in the power industry.
1. High school diploma or equivalent
2. Must be enrolled in the DACC Lineworker Certification Program
3. Must successfully complete the DACC Lineworker Certification Program
4. Must pass El Paso Electric screening requirements including a drug and alcohol test, background check, Motor Vehicle Report, and a Human Performance Evaluation (HPE)
5. Must possess a valid driver’s license and comply with EPE’s driving policy
Ready To Learn More?
We are recruiting for the Summer 2019 cohort. Submit your interest card by clicking below.
El Paso Electric Company is an Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action Employer with a drug and alcohol-free workplace. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
- About EPE
- Investor Relations
- Partners & Vendors
- Economic Development
- EPE Branding
- Request for Proposals
- Public Notices