Grid Internship Program Overview
Contributing to our communities is an important aspect of El Paso Electric’s (EPE) corporate purpose and a responsibility that we take seriously. As a driver of economic growth, El Paso Electric is committed to cultivating the future of our region and has a shared goal of keeping our community connected.
The Grid Internship Program is designed for area undergraduate and graduate college students with the objective of providing relevant and practical power industry work experience, including discipline-related assignments, training, and peer-collaboration opportunities to students who may have the desire to pursue their post-college career in the EPE service territory region. Grid Internship Program participants intern with EPE up to and through their undergraduate or graduate program.
The EPE Grid Program is committed to providing a mutually beneficial paid work experience that will build our pipeline for workforce planning to top college talent in EPE’s service territory in an effort to promote El Paso Electric as a leader in higher education and community building and increase the talent pool for EPE.
Students selected to participate in this program are challenged to manage their academic workload with relevant work assignments and projects that will supplement their classroom experience resulting in transferable industry-based knowledge and experience.
Our goal is to identify and retain exceptional undergraduate and graduate college talent from universities and colleges within the EPE service territory that demonstrate the potential to become full time El Paso Electric employees by providing relevant work experience with the prospect to hire upon graduation.
Learning & Development
Energize your career while earning your degree!
EPE fosters a structured learning environment for its Grid Internship Program participants to ensure balance between the student's full-time school schedules and intern assignments. Throughout the course of their internship, the intern will be assigned substantive projects in which success will be based on product, communication skills, work ethic and willingness to work with a team.
Work assignments will be relative and measurable so that the supervisor can evaluate the intern's performance with the intention of providing constructive feedback and development opportunities.
The intern's work load will also be balanced with quarterly training development activities and exclusive company learning opportunities such as Electricity 101, TrueColors, Zodiak®, Communication and Project Management trainings all designed to enhance personal and professional working relationships by exercising participant leadership and management skills.
Experience Vs. Work
Get connected and stay connected!
EPE is committed to harvesting a culture where all employees can be engaged and active in our community.
Grid Internship Program participants are encouraged to take advantage of year-round engagement, networking, volunteering and development opportunities.
Because this is a cooperative learning experience that takes place concurrently with student coursework, many of our interns enjoy participating in EPE sponsored volunteer and learning activities that take place throughout the year.
Qualifications for the El Paso Electric Grid Program include the following and must be met in order to be considered for this program:
- Must be enrolled as a full-time student at an accredited 4-year college/university and must maintain full-time enrollment status throughout the duration of the program;
- Must major in Engineering, Accounting, Finance, Business, Communication, or an area beneficial and relative to El Paso Electric;
- Must be classified as a Sophomore, Junior, Senior, or Graduate student and have completed a minimum of 48 hours of university coursework or a combination thereof;
- Must have and maintain an overall G.P.A. of 3.0/4.0;
- Must be attending a university within the EPE service territory;
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States;
- Must have the ability to maintain pre-requisites throughout the duration of the internship;
- Must be available to work up to 20 hours/week throughout the calendar year.
Students must meet all of the above requirements to be considered for this program.
Openings for this program will be posted at any time throughout the Fall, Spring and Summer. Visit our career opportunities webpage for an up-to-date viewing of our Grid Internship Program opportunities.
- Read job posting in its entirety
- If you have not already done so, you will need to create an EPE Cornerstone profile in order to apply
- Be prepared to upload your resume and official or unofficial transcripts
- Transcripts may be uploaded into the documents section of your profile and application
- Overall GPA should match official transcript
- Ensure all of your contact information is current and up to date on your resume and application
- Showcase your best “you”; ensure your resume speaks on your behalf as it relates to the position you’re applying for
- Read the FAQs and be sure to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions, assistance or troubleshooting
El Paso Electric Company is an Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action Employer with a drug and alcohol-free workplace. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
- About EPE
- Investor Relations
- Partners & Vendors
- Economic Development
- EPE Branding
- Request for Proposals
- Public Notices