e Energy Wise this Spring
Did you know there are plenty of things we can all do to reduce our energy consumption and be more Energy Wise?
Electricity is an important service in our daily lives and it needs to be used wisely. The efficient use of energy assists in reducing oil imports, conserves natural resources and preserves the environment. Energy efficiency in your home or business can be increased by implementing energy efficiency and energy conservation measures. By using and implementing the information contained in this website, you can change the way energy is used in your home and business.
Follow these energy savings tips and be Energy Wise this spring:
- Set your thermostat at 78°F or higher - every degree of extra cooling will increase energy usage six to eight percent.
- Use ceiling fans and portable fans to circulate the cool air.
- Install patio covers, awnings, and solar window screens to shade your home from the sun. Shade south and west windows with plants or trees to block the heat during hot days.
- Close interior blinds, drapes, or shades to block the sun and heat during warm weather.
- Consider using a clothesline instead of a clothes dryer.
- Outside air conditioning units, or condensers, should be shaded.
- On warm days raise your thermostat to 80°F or higher if leaving for more than four hours.
- Setting your thermostat to a lower temperature than normal will not cool your home faster.
- Try to save heat and humidity-generating activities (cooking, laundering, and dishwashing) for early morning or evening hours.
Click here to view additional energy savings tips.
El Paso Electric is proud to offer Energy Efficiency programs in New Mexico and Texas to help consumers save energy and become more energy efficient.
Click here to view our programs in Texas.
Click here to view our programs in New Mexico.