El Paso Electric Releases 2022 Corporate Sustainability Report
Energy provider continues path to achieving carbon-free energy goals
EL PASO, Texas – El Paso Electric (EPE) released its Corporate Sustainability Report for 2022, highlighting its achievements in the energy and environmental sectors. The report is a part of EPE's continuous effort to collect, measure, and report sustainability metrics, and it provides detailed information about the company's sustainability performance and carbon reduction goals.
Among EPE's notable accomplishments in the last year are the following:
- Ensured the 2023 delivery of 120 megawatts (MW) of solar energy and 50 MW of battery storage.
- We received full regulatory approval of our advanced metering program for implementation in 2023.
- EPE reduced its carbon footprint by 11% since 2015.
- 47% of EPE's net generation was provided by its current carbon-free generation, including solar and nuclear.
- EPE supported over 133 civic and charitable organizations through the Community Partner Program, awarding grants totaling over $1.2 million, and employees donated over 10,800 community hours.
The report also details a timeline the utility has for carbon reduction, how a state-of-the-art 228 MW natural gas replacement unit is being completed and a complete list of planned resources through 20205.
As an Edison Electric Institute (EEI) member, EPE voluntarily publishes its Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) data in accordance with EEI's industry-focused reporting guidelines. To ensure uniformity across the electric utility industry, EPE incorporates EEI's template into its report.
To read the full report, click here.