Overnight Transmission Work on Montana and Zaragoza
El Paso Electric to Perform Overnight Transmission Work for TxDOT’s Zaragoza Roadway Improvement Project
El Paso, Texas – El Paso Electric (EPE) crews will begin work on transmission lines for the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) Zaragoza Roadway improvement project. Overnight closures are needed to allow EPE crews to safely relocate transmission poles and lines just north and south of Montwood Drive at the intersection of Zaragoza Road.
The work will consist of installing new hardware, transferring wire, installing new wire on the new structures, securing the wire, and the removal of three structures, two steel and one wood. EPE will begin installing the new structures this week, prior to the overnight closures.
Dates and times of closures:
- Friday, May 11, 2018 from 10:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m. Saturday, May 12, 2018
- Saturday, May 12, 2018 from 10:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m. Sunday, May 13, 2018
- The north-bound lanes of Zaragoza Rd. will be closed at Saul Kleinfeld Dr. Commuters can turn left onto Saul Kleinfeld Dr. or right onto Crested Quail Dr.
- The east-bound lanes of Montwood Dr. will be closed at Firehouse Dr. Commuters can turn left or right onto Bob Mitchell Dr.
- The west-bound lanes of Montwood Dr. will be closed at Joe Battle Blvd. Commuters can turn south-bound or north-bound onto Joe Battle Blvd.
- The south-bound lanes of Joe Battle Blvd. will be closed at Montwood Dr. Commuters can continue south on Joe Battle Blvd. or turn left onto Montwood Dr.