ROAD CLOSURE: EPE to Conduct Work for TXDOT Improvement Project
PRESS RELEASE: March 7, 2020
ROAD CLOSURE: El Paso Electric to Conduct Work for TXDOT Improvement Project
Complete closure at Montwood and Zaragoza in East El Paso
EL PASO, Texas – As part of Texas Department of Transportation (TXDOT) Montwood/Zaragoza Improvement Project in east El Paso, El Paso Electric (EPE) will need to relocate electrical infrastructure in the area where Montwood Drive, Zaragoza Road and Loop 375 intersect. In order for EPE to safely conduct the necessary work in a timely manner, a complete closure along Montwood Dr. and Zaragoza Rd. will be necessary from 3:00 a.m. to 7:00 a.m. Sunday morning, March 8. El Paso Police will be on-site to assist in the closure and safely direct commuters through area detours.
- Montwood Dr. will be closed in both directions from Firehouse Drive to Loop 375 – Southbound.
- Zaragoza Rd. will be closed in both directions from Montwood Dr. to the Walmart entrance along Zaragoza.
DETOUR INFORMATION - Eastbound
- Traffic along Montwood Dr. can access both Bob Mitchell and Firehouse Drives to Saul Kleinfeld Drive to regain connection to Zaragoza Rd.
- Traffic traveling towards Loop 375 – Southbound can utilize New World Drive from Zaragoza Rd.
DETOUR INFORMATION – Westbound
- Traffic east of Loop 375 can make a left on Loop 375 – Southbound to access New World Dr. to continue traveling east.
Access to Walmart Supercenter along Zaragoza Rd. will still be available for duration of the closure. Commuters are asked to respect construction barricades and be mindful of reduced speed limits.
About El Paso Electric
El Paso Electric is a regional electric utility providing generation, transmission and distribution service to approximately 433,000 retail and wholesale customers in a 10,000 square mile area of the Rio Grande valley in west Texas and southern New Mexico.