ROAD CLOSURE: EPE to Conduct Work for TXDOT Montana Freeway Project
PRESS RELEASE: March 20, 2020
ROAD CLOSURE: El Paso Electric to Conduct Work for TXDOT Montana Freeway Project
Complete closure along Montana Avenue in East El Paso
EL PASO, Texas – As part of Texas Department of Transportation (TXDOT) Montana Freeway Project in east El Paso, El Paso Electric (EPE) will need to complete several electrical wire crossings along Montana Avenue between Lee Trevino and George Dieter Drives. In order for EPE to safely conduct the necessary work in a timely manner, a complete closure along Montana Avenue will be necessary from 6:00 a.m. till 2:00 p.m. this Sunday, March 22. El Paso Police will be on-site to assist in the closure and allow residents of the Oasis Ranch Community that is within this closure to safely access their neighborhood.
- WESTBOUND: Montana Avenue will be completely closed from George Dieter Drive to Lee Trevino Drive.
- EASTBOUND: Montana Avenue will be completely closed from Lee Trevino Drive Wooster Lane
- Oasis Ranch Community residents will still have access; El Paso Police will be controlling this access.
- Traffic traveling along Montana Avenue, east- or westbound, can utilize Edgemere Boulevard as a detour connected via Lee Trevino and George Dieter Drives.
- All residents within the Oasis Ranch Community will still have access to their neighborhood.
About El Paso Electric
El Paso Electric is a regional electric utility providing generation, transmission and distribution service to approximately 433,000 retail and wholesale customers in a 10,000 square mile area of the Rio Grande valley in west Texas and southern New Mexico.