ROAD CLOSURES: El Paso Electric To Make Infrastructure Upgrades Along Gateway West At Eastlake Boulevard
ROAD CLOSURES: El Paso Electric To Make Infrastructure Upgrades
Along Gateway West At Eastlake Boulevard
EL PASO, Texas – As part of an ongoing initiative to enhance electric service, El Paso Electric (EPE) will be making improvements to the electrical infrastructure in East El Paso. These improvements will take place along Gateway Boulevard West between Nonap Road and RV Drive requiring partial road closures and detours within the area beginning Tuesday, March 9 through Monday, March 15 from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Law enforcement will be assisting with the following road closures and detours.
- The right lane along Gateway Blvd West will be closed from Nonap Road to RV Drive.
- The right-turning lane from Gateway Blvd West to Eastlake Blvd, and the right-turning lane from Eastlake Blvd onto Gateway Blvd West will be closed. The middle lane along each boulevard will be used to make a wide-right turn.
- All access to Gateway Blvd West at the following intersections will be temporarily unavailable during this closure:
- Halstead Drive
- Bill Burnett Drive
- Traffic that usually utilizes Bill Burnett Dr to access Gateway Blvd West must now use Rojas Drive to Eastlake Blvd.
- Traffic that usually utilizes either Stetson or Halstead Dr to access Gateway Blvd West must now use Nonap Rd via Mark Twain Avenue.
EPE encourages commuters and residents within the area to be aware of the construction zones and to safely follow all temporary traffic control, reduced speeds and signage.