Road closures to occur for upgrades to power lines and structure in El Paso's Mission Valley
EL PASO, Texas – Beginning January 2024, El Paso Electric (EPE) will begin an expected 12-month improvement project to reliably support customer growth in the Mission Valley near and around the Clint and Valley substations. The transmission power lines and structures that carry power to approximately 10,000 homes and businesses in the area will undergo various upgrades during this multi-phase project.
Improvements will include:
- Upgrading capacity on 69 kilovolts transmission lines.
- Upgrading wooden structures to steel structures.
- Installing new double distribution circuits.
To safely work on these enhancements, road closures will be required. Commuters are asked to follow detour signage and respect construction barricades. Road closure and traffic detours will be assisted by the San Elizario and Clint police departments and the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office. Business and residential thru-traffic will be accommodated and monitored by police.
1 of 2: Closure of San Elizario Road between Socorro Road to Chicken Ranch Road.
- Beginning Monday, January 15 to Friday, January 19, daytime closures will be in effect from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
2 of 2: Closure of Socorro Road between Borrego Road and San Elizario Road.
- Beginning Monday, January 22 to Friday, February 2, overnight closures will be in effect from 9:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m.