US 54 Closure: El Paso Electric to Perform Transmission Work
As part of an infrastructure upgrade project to increase grid security and reliability, El Paso Electric (EPE) crews will begin work on transmission lines over the I-110/ US Highway 54, lanes above Durazno St. on Sunday, May 20, from approximately 5:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Traffic control measures will begin at 4:00 a.m.
The work is needed to allow EPE crews to safely install and transfer wire onto new structures. Work on this project has been ongoing, and EPE crews have already installed the new structures prior to the closure.
An additional closure will be required for this project along I-10 tentatively scheduled for Sunday, June, 3, 2018. Additional information will be sent once the closure and traffic control plan is approved.
US Highway 54 Closure information:
- I-10 East off-ramp Exit 22B, (US 54 to Juarez, Mexico)
- I-10 West off-ramp Exit 22B (US 54 to Juarez, Mexico)
- US 54 South, main lanes from Exit 21A (I-10 E) to Border Highway
- US 54 North, off-ramp to I-10 East
- Gateway South Blvd. on-ramp to US 54 South at Yandell Dr.
- Border Highway West to US 54 North up to Montana Ave
- Border Highway East off-ramp to US 54 North
- Durazno St. from Copia St. to Roosevelt St.
- Port of Entry, Bridge of the Americas, to US54 North up to Montana Ave, one lane open, two lanes closed
El Paso Electric reminds commuters to follow all marked detours and stay safe.