2021 All Source RFP for Electric Power Supply and Load Management Resources for Texas
El Paso Electric (EPE) issues an All Source Request for Proposal (RFP) to obtain short-term and/or long-term generating resources including renewable energy for Texas customers by 2025. The objective of this RFP is to meet the growing customer demand EPE is experiencing, specifically for its Texas service territory, and to meet the anticipated 2025 summer peak.
EPE’s initial resource planning studies project a capacity need of approximately 175 to 225 megawatts (MW) before May 1, 2025. New generation is also necessary to offset EPE’s planned retirements of older, less-efficient generating units.
Prospective bidders for EPE’s All Source RFP have until December 23, 2021 to submit an intent to bid. Any procurement resulting from this 2021 RFP is subject to approval by EPE's Board of Directors, Public Utility Commission of Texas (PUCT), and any other applicable regulatory requirements.
A Pre-bid Webcast will be held on Friday, December 10, at 2:00 p.m. MST. EPE highly encourages interested bidders to submit questions in advance of the Pre-bid Webcast so that EPE can strive to have prepared responses available at the Pre-bid Webcast.
Microsoft Teams meeting information for Pre-bid Webcast:
WARNING: Please mute the speakers on your computer and rely on the phone for all audio communications; otherwise, your computer speaker sound will cause noise interference if being picked up by your phone.
1. Login to the webcast via phone by dialing in the Toll Number and Conference ID below.
Microsoft Teams meeting
Join on your computer or mobile app
Or call in (audio only)
+1 915-320-3480,,500091457# United States, El Paso
Phone Conference ID: 500 091 457#
2. Make sure your audio is muted on Microsoft Teams and on the phone.
Plan to login 15 minutes prior to the webcast meeting time, 2:00 p.m. MST.
The 2021 RFP Excel Input Templates workbook was posted on December 3, 2021. All applicable templates in the workbook must be completed in full and submitted by end of business (MST) on Friday, February 25, 2022. Please use an entirely new workbook, and fill in all applicable templates, for each proposal and each option.
- About EPE
- Partners & Vendors
- Economic Development
- Generator Interconnection
- EPE Branding
Request for Proposals
- RFP for EV Charging Stations Instant Rebate Solution and EV Charging Data Collection Platform
- EPE Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI)
- NM Renewable Portfolio Standard
- NM Energy Efficiency and Load Management Programs
- TX Residential Rebate Pilot Program
- Resource Planning
- 2021 All Source RFP for Electric Power Supply and Load Management Resources for New Mexico
- 2021 All Source RFP for Electric Power Supply and Load Management Resources for Texas
- 2022 RFP for Energy Efficiency and Load Management Market Potential Study
- Public Notices
- EPE Investor Relations