El Paso Electric Transmission Infrastructure Upgrades Project Begins in East El Paso
EL PASO, Texas - El Paso Electric (EPE) will be making improvements to its electrical infrastructure by replacing transmission and distribution power lines and installing steel poles in East El Paso starting November 14, 2022, through January 23, 2023. These improvements will ensure reliability in electrical services to the area. Road closures are expected in the following segments along N. Zaragoza Road to Saul Kleinfeld Drive:
1. Golden Gate Rd. to Vista del Sol Dr.
2. Vista del Sol Dr. to Pellicano Dr.
3. Pellicano Dr. to Rojas Dr.
4. Rojas Dr. to Zaragoza Rd.
5. Zaragoza Rd.- George Dieter Dr.- Esther Lama Dr.
6. Montwood Dr. to Saul Kleinfeld Dr.
7. Saul Kleinfeld Dr.
The work will consist of day and night activities Sunday-Friday:
• The power line preparation will begin each day at 9:00 a.m. and end at 4:00 p.m.
• The night work activities (i.e., new pole installations) are to start at 9:00 p.m. and end at 6:00 a.m.
The El Paso Police Department will assist with the road closures and allow access for those who live or work adjacent to the work areas. EPE encourages all commuters to be aware of construction zones in the area and safely follow all temporary traffic control.
About El Paso Electric
El Paso Electric is a regional energy provider that is engaged in generation, transmission, and distribution service to power approximately 460,000 customers in a 10,000-square mile area of the Rio Grande valley in west Texas and southern New Mexico.