The Load Management Program is designed to reduce electric demand or kW during El Paso Electric’s peak demand periods, as necessary. This program is performance-based and offers incentive payments to customers for curtailing electric load upon notice. Customers enter into an agreement with EPE to reduce their load by an agreed-upon amount during curtailments.
- Program runs from June 1st through September 30th.
- Peak demand periods are defined as weekdays from 1:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. Mountain Daylight Time (MDT).
- Customers agree, if called upon, to reduce their load for up to four (4) continuous hours during curtailments.
- Participating customers will be required to demonstrate load availability by participating in one Scheduled Curtailment at the beginning of the program period. Thereafter, participating customers may be called upon up to nine times per program year for a maximum of 15 hours per year, including the Scheduled Curtailment.
- Customer must be a non-residential Texas customer taking service at distribution level.
- Customer must be equipped with an EPE Interval Data Recorder (IDR) meter or an EPE meter capable of recording demand intervals.
- Customer must be capable of curtailing a minimum of 100 kW during the summer peak periods at each contracted site. At EPE’s discretion, customers with aggregate curtailable load of greater than 100 kW may be eligible for this program.
- Customers who currently have special contracted rates, other than the Large Power Interruptible Rate, or are taking service at 69 KV or greater are not eligible for this program.
- Only the firm demand portion of EPE’s distribution level Interruptible customers is eligible for inclusion in this program. Only Interruptible customers in good standing during the past 12-months will be eligible to participate.
For more information, please contact Walter Guerrero at (915) 521-4636.