PLEASE WAIT FOR TECHNICAL APPROVAL OF YOUR SYSTEM BEFORE STARTING CONSTRUCTION.
NOTE: All Customers with existing water heater meter must remove it before the installation of the solar PV or wind system.
- Print two copies of the Standard Interconnection Application for Generating Facilities with Rated Capacities Greater Than 100kW and up to 10MW.
- Complete and sign both applications. Note: Both applications require an original signature.
- Attach a check for the amount of $1.00 per kW applied in your system. example: a 150kW system will require a $150 check.
- Print two copies of the Interconnection Agreement For Generating Facilities with Rated Capacity No Greater Than 10MW And Not Qualified for Simplified Interconnection.
- Complete and sign both agreements. Note: Both applications require an original signature.
Include a complete one-line diagram and a site diagram.
- The one-line diagram shall identify all major equipment including the utility-accessible generation disconnect device and the EPE metering point. NOTE 1: Please make sure you also clearly identify if a water electric meter. NOTE 2: All three-phase Y-connected systems require three-phase connected inverters. NOTE 3: Technical review approval of the one line diagram is contigent upon wiring, inspections, and system installation. These must be in accordance to EPE's requirements book and must reflect the information provided in the one-line diagram.
- The site diagram shall show the physical location of the equipment in relation to the property and location of equipment on the exterior wall.
- Include all additional information necessary to identify the technology type, inverter manufacturer, equipment performance, interconnecting voltage, additional diagrams, etc.
- Print a copy of Form 35 - Notice of Self-Certification
- Complete and sign.
- Complete and sign the agreement.
Note: EPE will credit your billing account on a monthly basis. If the renewable system produces more energy than the energy used by the facility in excess of $30, EPE will deposit the money directly into your checking account. If the renewable system produces less energy than the energy used by the facility, a credit will be applied to your billing account.
- Print a copy of the Renewable Energy Facility Ownership
- Complete the form.
- Review you have included in your package all the above required forms with accurate information and Original Signatures.
- All applications submitted require an Original Signature.
- Check that you have included the two checks.
- Mail all originals for review and approval to EPE at the address listed below:
El Paso Electric (Loc. 131)
P.O. Box 982
El Paso, Texas 79960
- Please make sure that your site has a one-line diagram posted near the REC metering site.
- PLEASE DO NOT ENERGIZE YOUR SYSTEM UNTIL ENGINEERING HAS PERFORMED THE COMMISSIONING OF THE SYSTEM.
For more information on New Mexico regulations, please read the following documents:
- New Mexico Public Regulation Commission 17NMAC9.568, Interconnection of Generating Facilities with a Rated Capacity Up To and Including 10MW Connecting to a Utility System
- New Mexico Public Regulation Commission 17NMC9.570, Governing Cogeneration and Small Power Production
If you have any questions or would like more information, please send an e-mail to El Paso Electric's Renewables Development Dept. at email@example.com or call Angie Rodriguez at 915-521-4465 , or Jessica Sosa at 915-543-5876.